THE PHILLIP R. MORSS HOUSE
Located in Chestnut Hill Historic District of Newton, the Phillip R. Morss House was designed by the Boston architect William Chester Chase with a restrained Colonial Revival vocabulary in 1925. The owners wanted to renovate the house, which, unfortunately, had undergone some unsympathetic additions and alterations neat the end of the 20th century.
Design Associates removed the additions and replaced them with period-appropriate designs tailored to the lifestyle of the client. Renovations, and a new linear pergola to expand outdoor living space, received unanimous approval from the Newton Historic Districts Commission.
Renovation / Addition
Landscape: Paul Maue Associates