NICHOLS HOUSE MUSEUM
The Nichols House is a Federal style row house built by Jonathan Mason, one of the Mount Vernon Proprietors, in 1804-05. Its design is attributed to Charles Bulfinch. The Nichols House was built as part of four row houses. Around 1830 a portico was built at the west facing entry. Restoration of the portico included repairs to framing, and replacing many layers of old roofing with a new flat seam copper roof. At the original 1804 fanlight a new protective storm window was built. All work was approved by the Beacon Hill Architectural Commission. Design Associates helped secure a grant from the Amelia Peabody Charitable Fund to partly fund the project.
Builder: Westmill Preservation Inc